12 Hour LPN PM Shift: 6:00pm – 6:30am
*New LPN Wages start at $32.59 per hour*
Includes every other weekend shifts.
Includes every other holiday shifts – 6 recognized holidays per year.
- Three (3) 12 hour shifts per week / 72 hours per 2-week period
- One (1) 12 hour shifts per week / 24 hours per 2-week period
- Two (2) 12 hour shifts per week / 48 hours per 2-week period
Why Work Here:
Michigan Masonic Home is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) that are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Everyday Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow at our beautiful facility and campus!
Responsibilities Will Include:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides skilled nursing services to residents under the direction, delegation, or supervision of a Registered Nurse and or a physician / provider.
- The LPN collaborates with the healthcare team to assist with effective care delivery to achieve the desired resident outcomes.
- Administers nursing procedures in accordance with resident’s nursing care plans to include such care as dressing changes, tube feedings, oxygen therapy, range of motion, catheterization, diabetic care, etc.
- Prepares prescribed medications in accordance with resident care plans and physician / provider orders.
- Administers medications orally, intramuscularly, or subcutaneously according to policies and procedures.
- Monitors the effects of medications, documents reactions as appropriate, and notifies the physician / provider per policy.
- Documents resident care in the electronic medical record and or on other required documents.
- Assists in carrying out the rehabilitation programming and activities for residents to include development of social skills and interactions, development of daily living skills, reality orientation, recreational skills, etc.
- Assists in managing resident aggressive or disruptive behavior.
- Assists with providing activities of daily living (ADLs) to include oral hygiene, bathing, hair care, nail care, shaving, diapering, and dressing.
- Monitors / takes vital signs and other resident care measures (e.g., intake & output) and documents appropriately.
- Collects data, plans and implements the nursing care of residents under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists with providing bed care to residents needing re-positioning, ambulating, assisting with elimination needs, transferring to and from wheelchairs, etc.
- A graduate of a practical nursing education program.
- A valid State of Michigan LPN license.
- Current CPR certificate or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- A new graduate or experienced LPN qualifies for this position.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Michigan Masonic Home is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care services to more than 400 residents.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex