Michigan Masonic Home:
Contingent (PRN)Respiratory Therapist
Why Work Here:
Michigan Masonic Home is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working Respiratory Therapist that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Everyday Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
Responsibilities Will Include
The Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for assessing, monitoring, and treating patients who have, or may have respiratory illnesses or declines in baseline health including but not limited to ventilator dependency respiratory failure.
- Able to function as a part of an interdisciplinary team that coordinates continuity of care.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care in the appropriate setting across the continuum of care as needed.
- Communicates with nurses and physicians about changes in patient’s conditions and results of diagnostic studies.
- Actively participates in and supports regular multidisciplinary team rounds on ventilator, tracheostomy, and other respiratory patients.
- Able to perform all respiratory therapy duties in all patient care areas.
- Able to provide care and perform education on ventilator management, tracheostomy care, suctioning and ventilator weaning.
- Expected to be available for after-hours call as scheduled.
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient condition and staff concerns.
- Maintains approachable behavior and acts as a resource for other staff members
- Graduate of Accredited Respiratory Therapy Program with Associates Degree required
- Advanced level accreditation (RRT) through the National Board of Respiratory Care preferred minimum of a CRT required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Critical Care/Emergency Care/Ventilator management required
- Prior experience in organizing and providing education required
- Prior experience working with protocols recommended
- Has demonstrated the ability to function independently
- Has demonstrated strengths in critical thinking
- Can communicate and problem solve in a collaborative manner across departmental and professional lines
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care services to more than 400 residents.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.