Why Work Here:
Michigan Masonic Home is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working Transporter that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Everyday Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
Responsibilities Will Include:
Works under supervision of the Maintenance and Transportation Supervisor. Provides transportation for residents, outside Masonic Pathways. Specific duties and responsibilities vary based on area assigned, but typically include those listed below.
- Receives and follows work schedules and instructions from supervisor.
- Coordinate a daily/weekly schedule to transport residents in an organized and timely manner.
- Transports residents to and from daily appointments. Appointments may include, but are not limited to physician offices, hospitals, offsite clinics.
- Transports residents to in-town and out of town medical or social appointments.
- Returns physician orders to nursing unit or clinic clerks after appointments.
- Transports residents to various recreational activities, both local and out of town, by car, van, or bus
- Resident care during outside transport:
- Manage oxygen tank; able to turn it on/off
- Assist residents who can independently transfer.
- Use wheelchair lift for residents unable to transfer independently.
- Transport by car, van, or bus
- Delivers or retrieves eyeglasses from optometry offices.
- Delivers lab specimens to the local hospital.
- Transport injured staff to the local hospital.
- Maintains vehicle gas and fluid levels.
- Maintains cleanliness of interior vehicle
- Informs supervisor of vehicle maintenance needs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State of Michigan Chauffeur License.
- CDL License or ability to obtain license within 120 days of employment, group C with Passenger endorsement.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.