Offering a $10,000 Sign-on bonus for Full-time
What is a PACE program?
- The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is a unique health care model designed to help seniors (participants) stay safely in their home for as long as possible. PACE coordinates and provides or facilitates all medical care for its participants. Services are delivered across various settings, including on site at the PACE center, in the community, and in participant homes.
Why Work at PACE?
At PACE, employees have the opportunity to see the full impact of their efforts. Staffing ratios are much lower, time spent with each participant is much greater, and team collaboration occurs much more frequently than in other care settings. PACE is a very fulfilling health care delivery model for its employees.
Social Worker (MSW) Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team’s initial assessments, care planning and periodic re-assessments of each participant.
- Provides individual and family counseling, develops, and leads group counseling and activities.
- Refers participants and families to appropriate community agencies or facilities, acts as liaison with such organizations and as an advocate for participants.
- Encourages effective relationships among staff geared to team building and maintenance of a cohesive team.
- Facilitates enrollments and disenrollment from PACE Central Michigan.
- Facilitates Medicaid application and redetermination processes with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- Documents participant changes appropriately in the medical record.
- Demonstrates active participation in QI processes.
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Masters’ Degree from an accredited School of Social Work
- 2 years’ experience in a health related area. Minimum of 1 year experience working with the elderly.
PACE Central Michigan is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.