What is a PACE program?
- The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) is a unique health care model designed to help seniors (participants) stay safely in their home for as long as possible. PACE coordinates and provides or facilitates all medical care for its participants. Services are delivered across various settings, including on site at the PACE center, in the community, and in participant homes.
Why Work at PACE?
At PACE, employees have the opportunity to see the full impact of their efforts. Staffing ratios are much lower, time spent with each participant is much greater, and team collaboration occurs much more frequently than in other care settings. PACE is a very fulfilling health care delivery model for its employees.
Social Worker (BSW) Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Assists with identifying resources and arranging Participant access to resources.
- Conduct home visits as needed to meet the needs of PACE participants in the community.
- Coordinates 24-hour care delivery. Provides individual and family counseling, develops and leads group counseling and activities.
- Refers participants and families to appropriate community agencies or facilities, acts as liaison with such organizations and as advocate for participants.
- Encourages effective relationships among staff geared to team building and maintenance of a cohesive team.
- Consults with and advises staff members as to the relationship of social, emotional and cultural factors to health and medical care, and as to the availability of social services in the community.
- Participates in Program and Policy development of Social Work component.
- Assists MSW employees with coordinating enrollments and disenrollments from PACE Central Michigan..
- Facilitates Medicaid application and redetermination process with Michigan Department of Human Services.
- Documents participant changes appropriately in the medical record.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited School of Social Work
- 2 years’ experience in a health related area. Minimum of 1 year experience working with the elderly.
PACE Central Michigan is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.