Michigan Masonic Home:
Social Services Manager
Why Work Here:
Michigan Masonic Home is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working Social Services Manager that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Every day Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
Responsibilities Will Include:
- The Social Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, supervision, and ongoing evaluation of the Social Services Department designed to meet and assist residents in attaining or maintaining their highest practicable well-being. This includesidentifying the need for medically related social services and ensuring that these services are provided in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- The Social Services Manager will complete and/or direct/delegate the completion of the social services component of the comprehensive assessment. The Social Services Manager will also contribute to and/or direct/delegate contribution of social services goals and approaches to the comprehensive care plan. These goals and interventions will be individualized to match the skills, abilities, and interests/preferences of each resident in compliance with Federal and State regulations, to include identifying and promoting individualized, non-pharmacological approaches to care that meet the mental and psychosocial needs of each resident.
- Managing the Social Services department includes overseeing preadmission services for inbound residents, to include participation in interdisciplinary evaluation of residents needs for institutional care and completion of the PASARR Level I.
- The Social Services Manager will assist in facilitating as needed a residents’ safe transition back into the community through interdisciplinary discharge planning and arrangement of community-based services and follow-up care. The Social Services Manager will also assist residents and their representatives in locating and accessing financial, legal, and other community resources.
- The Social Services Manager will coordinate implementation and oversight of procedures to ensure social services actions and interactions are adequately documented in each resident’s medical record, and that legal, ethical, and professional standards of social work practice and being upheld in written recordings.
- The Social Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the establishment of departmental QAPI procedures and modification of those procedures where appropriate.
- The Social Services Manager will oversee the process of Advance Care Planning for each resident upon admission, and make sure that any Advance Directives are reviewed with the resident/ resident representative on a regular basis. The Manager will ensure that staff members are made aware of the resident’s code status and end-of-life wishes and will assist with informing and educating residents and their representatives about healthcare options and the ramifications.
- The Social Services Manager will assist residents in voicing and obtaining resolution to grievances. The Manager will review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written report indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. The Manager will also gather grievance reports from other Social Services staff and ensure follow-through and resolution has been completed as per facility policy. The Manager will track grievance trends and report findings as part of the facility’s QAPI program as requested and will serve as the Grievance Officer.
- The Social Services Manager will participate in facility policy development to positively impact the quality of care delivered to residents.
- The Social Services Manager will ensure that residents who display mental illness, or psychosocial difficulties such as coping with grief and loss, will have access to appropriate treatment and resources.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work or another human services field to include, but not limited to, sociology, gerontology, rehabilitation counseling, or psychology.
- State of Michigan Social Workers License or Limited License required.
- A master’s degree licensed social worker preferred.
- A minimum of one year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals required.
- Supervisory experienced preferred.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care services to more than 400 residents.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.