Michigan Masonic Home:
Outreach & Member Care / Admissions Specialist
Why Work Here:
Michigan Masonic Home is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working Outreach & Member Care / Admissions Specialist that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Every day Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
Responsibilities Will Include:
The Outreach & Member Care / Admissions Specialist will work as an integral member of the Outreach and Member Care Department at the Masonic campus providing outreach services, information/referral assistance and admission functions. Admissions functions will include serving as the primary coordinator for those applying for residency into the Michigan Masonic Home (MMH) specifically the Masonic Village Estates (MVE) and Home for the Aged (HFA) under the direction of the department leadership team.
Sales Performance Activities:
- Be knowledgeable of the local community’s and fraternity’s senior / aging needs.
- Identify, develop, and maintain referral sources.
- Be familiar with the industry including news and trends in the health care and senior services arenas.
- Research and understand the competitive local market and inform department and administrative leadership team.
- Responsible to understand leaderships strategic census and budget mix, and ensure focus is aimed to meet those goals.
- Complete outreach, and marketing activities including tours, as outlined in the outreach services section of this position description.
- Obtain and maintain certification as an Information and Referral Aging Specialist through the Association of Information and Referral Services (AIRS)
- Represent the Masonic Shared Services which includes Michigan Masonic Home (MMH), Michigan Masonic Charitable Foundation (MMCF), Michigan Masons (Fraternity), and the Masonic member or his family member.
- Works with lodge officers to identify distressed members and to develop a customized plan to address member’s hardships.
- Conducts assigned outreach projects, including direct calls and follow up with targeted member groups (includes widows, sweethearts, elderly brethren, fraternal officers).
Information and Referral Services: Direct Support & Service
- General – Receives calls, emails, chats, or referrals from individuals and all affiliated members seeking information and assistance to solve their concerns or address their needs. Triages all calls to appropriate departments / staff.
- Assist and support aging members, caregivers of aging members, and all other affiliated members in helping them to prepare for their future including retirement, long-term care services, and future planning for residency at the MMH.
- Achieves and maintains certifications for Medicare & Medicaid Counseling (MMAP) assisting during Medicare open enrollment, and throughout the year as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Nursing, Social Work, Business or Marketing.
- A preferred minimum of three years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience in facility admissions and / or marketing preferred.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not-for-profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short-stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care services to more than 400 residents.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.