Why Work Here:
Masonic Pathways is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working Painter/Groundskeeper that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Everyday Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Patching, repairing, prepping, and painting surfaces to a professional standard.
- Assists with estimates and quotes as needed for all repairs, along with recommendations for capital projects.
- Maintains and cares for the grounds and parking lots.
- Provides general maintenance support as needed.
- Hang and repair wall coverings and borders.
- Fixes and repairs damaged wall and furniture surfaces.
- Prepares surfaces for painting. May include washing walls and woodwork with a chemical solution, sanding or using a metal brush to remove dirt, rust, and scale from exterior walls.
- Removes all door, wall, and ceiling hardware, to accomplish painting, polyurethane, or wall covering tasks.
- Paints wood, metal, plaster, and other surfaces using brushes, rollers, or spray guns.
- Trims laws and shrubbery, weeds flower beds.
- Cleans up debris and trash on the grounds.
- Sets up seasonal outside lighting.
- Provides support for snow call during the winter months, including shoveling, snow plowing and essential duties.
- Assist in other physical plant repairs as directed by the maintenance manager.
What We Offer:
- PTO accrual begins on the date of hire
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Coverage
- Delta Dental
- Vision Coverage
- Roth or 403b retirement
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience in tree maintenance, landscaping, welding, small engine repair, and painting, preferred.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.