Why Work Here:
Masonic Pathways is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working Maintenance Mechanic that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Everyday Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
Responsibilities Will Include:
Works under supervision of the Maintenance Manager. Performs many minor repairs normally associated with day-to-day building maintenance. Such minor repairs may include plumbing, electrical, environmental climatic control adjustments, and carpentry. Maintains and operates high pressure steam boilers, chilled water plant, and related equipment. Performs preventive maintenance and inspections on facility and equipment.
- Repairs minor plumbing problems such as sinks, drains, toilets, and showers. Replaces faucet parts and unplugs drains.
- Operates many types of hand and power tools.
- Repairs minor electrical problems such as switches, ballasts, bulbs, and plugs.
- Responds to complaints regarding television problems, call lights, heating, and cooling of resident rooms to make necessary minor repairs.
- Repairs and/or replaces general items such as soap dispensers, floor covering, tile, door locks, hardware ceiling tile, etc.
- Cuts keys and repairs locks.
- Replaces plastic laminate and does laminate repairs.
- Changes filters on air handling units when required.
- Repairs or replaces blood pressure gauges, cuffs, and vacuum regulators.
- Repairs resident beds and stretchers.
- Pulls wire for electrical and data cabling.
- Operates high pressure steam boilers. Including: firing boilers, monitoring meters
- and controls according to fuel being used, and controlling continuous supply of
- steam to the Home.
- Performs water quality testing to ensure proper chemical qualities are maintained in
- boilers, condensate, water softeners, etc.
- Performs water analysis on cooling towers.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance to boilers and chillers as required. Such as testing and repairing all associated boiler alarms, controls, gauges, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections to building and equipment as
- Insulates piping and air handling units when necessary.
- Sets up boilers for yearly inspection.
- Records readings of various systems for Plant operations and notifies supervisor of
- problems, may make necessary corrections.
- 20 Maintains emergency generators and runs weekly tests.
- Maintains Home vehicles
- Cleans and paints equipment rooms and equipment as necessary.
- May assist with snow removal when needed.
A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care services.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alma, MI 48801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person