Full-time 12-hour AM and PM shifts available
Why Work Here:
Masonic Pathways is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working LPN or Medical Assistant that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Everyday Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
LPN/Medical Assistant Responsibilities Will Include: The LPN or Medical Assistant is responsible for coordinating care for residents residing in Home for the Aged, including supervising non-licensed team members. The LPN/Medical Assistant is responsible for building supportive relationships with residents, family members and service providers including consulting with community physician(s). The LPN/Medical Assistant performs in a manner that maintains accountability for practice consistent within scope and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, manage, and audit individualized Wellness Service Plans for residents upon admission and updated as necessitated and regulated by the State of Michigan.
- Responsible to perform treatments and procedures, including but not limited to: insulin administration and monitoring, injections, bladder scans, suture removals, dressing changes, wound monitoring, specimen collection, orthostatic blood pressures, resident TB skin testing, CHF monitoring and completion of any and all documentation associated with treatment provided.
- Contact attending physicians with changes of condition, new admission orders, discharge orders and all necessary changes in medication and treatment orders.
- Receive appropriate documentation and implement physicians verbal and/or telephone orders.
- Complete assessments related to function and physical status of the resident on admission, during acute changes in condition, and annually from the admission date.
- Assess individual residents to determine ability for self-administration of medication, provide oversight of medication storage and administration.
- Assist in Home Meds with physician notification, insurance prior authorizations, medication destruction, and inputting of orders and information in the electronic medical record.
- Responsible to ensure new CNA Orientation Checklists are completed in a timely manner, conduct annual Competency Review at the time of Performance Evaluation.
- Supervise and mentor CNAs to comply with State regulations, Masonic Pathways policies and procedures; and ensuring that documentation and medication administration is accurately completed.
- Provide support to admission staff as needed to conduct prospective resident interview and assessments.
- Utilize established assessment process to determine level of wellness in conjunction with Charge Nurses, resident, family, and influencers.
- Provide supportive oversight of identification of a DPOA and establishment of end-of-life care preferences.
What We Offer:
- PTO accrual begins on the date of hire
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical Coverage
- Delta Dental
- Vision Coverage
- Roth or 403b retirement
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- A valid State of Michigan LPN license or Certified or Registered as a Medial Assistant.
- Must be CPR certified or obtained within six (6) months of hire.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in an Assisted living, Home for the Aged or Long-Term Care setting preferred.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care services.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.