Michigan Masonic Home:
Information Systems Network Administrator
Why Work Here:
Michigan Masonic Home is looking for a talented, compassionate, and hard-working IS Network Administrator that is eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to serve the residents they care for. Everyday Michigan Masonic Home provides exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
Responsibilities Will Include:
The Information Systems (IS) Network Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the information systems’ networks. The Network Administrator organizes, installs, and supports the organization’s computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems for Michigan Masonic Home, the Grand Lodge of Michigan, the Michigan Masonic Charitable Foundation, and PACE Central Michigan to support the mission and strategic plans of these organizations.
- Provides support for a variety of operating systems and software applications including Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Microsoft SQL. Windows 10, Windows 11, MS Office, financial, HR, and medical record applications, both local and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Provides end user support to staff of all levels, contractors, and residents.
- Maintains virtual and physical server environments including VMware and SCALE Computing.
- Maintains, documents, and implements Microsoft Active Directory Domains including user/group rights and securities, group policy objects and login scripts.
- Maintains file and print server systems including NTFS securities.
- Maintains and documents software registrations and licensing.
- Supports and maintains Mitel VOIP telephone systems.
- Assists in network design and implementation encompassing organizational growth.
- Administers network switching over 10GB Fiber and 1GB copper networks utilizing Avaya/Extreme Networking products.
- Administers Fortinet firewall security including site to site and end user VPNs.
- Develops and administers disaster recovery plans including local and cloud backup.
- Assists with the development and technical aspects of security policies and procedures.
- Assists the IS Director with capital budget management.
- Oversees the activities of Desktop Support Technician(s).
- Research technical issues, stays abreast of technology changes, and advances and provide recommendations/ justifications for enhancements and upgrades.
- Establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with IS vendors.
- Participates in professional activities and maintain professional affiliations to keep abreast of current developments in the IS industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science required, or equivalent education and experience in information systems.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the management of Windows Active Directory and domain.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with Windows Server, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Office application products.
- Experience in Fiber Optic and Ethernet cable installation and maintenance.
- Experience in computer hardware troubleshooting, repair and upgrade.
- Experience in managing multi-link trunk fiber optic networks.
- Experience in managing Avaya/Extreme network products.
- Experience in managing VOIP telephony systems, preferably Mitel.
- Experience in Cloud and Local Backup strategies, preferably Unitrends.
- Management of Virtual Server Environment – Scale and VMware.
- Experience in endpoint security and management including mobile devices.
- Experience in Firewall and VPN Management (Fortinet) including secure remote access with Multifactor Authentication.
- Experience in SQL database management.
Located in the friendly community of Alma, MI, Masonic Pathways Senior Living Services is a not‑for‑profit continuing care retirement community offering independent and assisted living, short‑stay rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and memory care services.
Michigan Masonic Home is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.